All eligible students seeking admission will have to produce the following documents:
- Citizenship Identity Card
- Class 12 Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- The Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) will be carrying out admissions to the Colleges of the University online as in the past. Admission to each of the programmes will be based on merit ranking as per the eligibility criteria and ability rating as detailed against each programme.
- The online application for both Government Scholarship as well as Self-Financed students in RUB Colleges will open from 10th May 2022 and will close on 24th May 2022 at midnight except for the BEd programmes at Paro College of Education (PCE) and Gyalposhing College of Information Technology (GCIT).
To apply online, please visit RUB website (http://www.rub.edu.bt). Students can apply from any place where there is internet facility
Ability rating points
Bachelor of Business Administration and
Bachelor of Commerce
Class XII pass students with pass in B. Maths/Maths
Commerce/ Arts students
Accounts/Economics – 5
B. Maths – 4
Dzongkha – 2
1 other subject – 1
Maths – 5
Physics/Chemistry/Biology – 4
Dzongkha – 2
1 other subject – 1
Reporting date for 1st year students –22nd July 2022
For detail information please click on the link below
- Mandatory for the 1st years
- Student with disability and his/her attendee
- Government scholarship students
- Repeaters based on availability of room
For 1st years = randomly allocated by SSO
2nd and 3rd years = Apply with room application form
Students shall not be allowed to change rooms mutually. Any request for change of room must be routed through the Student Service Officer.
Nu. 250/- per month
Full scholarship students – deduct from stipend per month.
Self-funding student – collected by finance office along with tuition fee.
In time of entry – complete Check-in form
In time of exit – complete Check-out form
Take care of all the furniture and fixings items in the room
Maintain behavioral standard such as honesty, loyalty, responsible, self-disciplined, compassionate and accountable. Follow hostel rules and regulations.
Eviction from the hostel or a penalty as decided by the Hostel Management Committee and College Disciplinary Committee
(Subsidy of Nu.100/- per 6 students will be given by college per month)
Students have to submit leave application form to respective Student Service Officer and get permission.
Students under Self catering scheme as well as those who have completed mess withdrawal procedure from mess secretary.
Respective hostel councilors, Chief councilor and Student Service Officers.
Student Service Officer, hostel councilor and the college management team may, at any time, without serving notice visit the rooms for administrative reasons.
NO, residents are encouraged to vacate their rooms during vacations to prevent loss of personal items. The College shall not be held responsible for the loss of personal items due to failure to vacate the rooms.
YES, with approval from Student Service Officer.
YES, the details of the scheme is available on the website.
All the students who are studying in GCBS including those on semester leave are members. All students must fill in the registration form for membership.
Nonrefundable Nu. 180/- per semester.
- Full scholarship students = deducted from the 1st stipend of the semester.
- Self-funding students = collected by finance office along with the tuition fees.
- Demise of member = Nu. 30,000/-
- Demise of nominees (only 2 allowed) = Nu. 15,000/-
- Exceptional case = Nu. 20,000/-
- Annual picnic/get together = ≤ 100,000/-
(After approval from Committee members based on balance amount)
- Provide financial support to other students in need.
Yes, there is separate saving account maintained under the name “GCBS STUDENT WELFARE FUND”
Chairperson = Dean Student Affairs
Secretary = one of the SSO
Treasurer = one of the SSO
Member = Finance Officer
Member = Student Welfare Coordinator
Student Welfare Coordinator or secretary.
In the event of students graduating or withdrawing from the college.