General Information for admission at Gedu College of Business Studies (GCBS) for the academic year 2021-2022
- Reporting date for 1st-year students – 24th July 2021
- Requirements for Admission at GCBS
All the students enrolled at Gedu College of Business Studies MUST come with the following documents at the time of registration. Please treat it as IMPORTANT.
(a) Class XII Certificate and Mark Sheet (Original) – Please make a copy of your certificates for your reference/use in the future before submitting it to the college – COMPULSORY
(b) Copy of the Citizenship Identity Card/Letter received from Immigration/Census & Civil Registration – COMPULSORY
(c) Security Clearance Certificate
(d)Recent Pass Port Photograph (2 Nos.) – COMPULSORY
(e) Class XII School Leaving Certificate (Original) – COMPULSORY
- Other Items required
(a) Kabney / Rachu
(b)Sickle (1 each) – Compulsory
(c) Bedding set
(e) Toiletries and stationeries etc.
(f) At least two cloth face masks.
(g)Laptop (not mandatory)
- Items the college will provide during the time of registration
(a) Student Handbook
- Registration and orientation – To be Announced later
- Reception – New students will be received by college staff at the college main gate and other designated entry points. All students and guardians dropping students will have to undergo thermal scanning and other Covid-19 Protocols in place.
- Accommodation –
• A shared room furnished with an individual bed, study table, chair, and a cupboard will be provided for each student
• Hostel rooms will be available from 22 July 2021 onwards
- Hostel accommodation will be arranged by the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs and information will be uploaded on the College.
- Tuition fees and accommodation for Self Funding Students
(a) The tuition fee is Nu.69710 (Sixty-Nine thousand seven hundred and ten only) per year. A student must pay semester tuition fees Nu. 34,855 (thirty-four thousand eight hundred and fifty five only) at the time of registration.
(b) The hostel accommodation and mess facilities will be provided. Self-funding students will be required to pay Nu. 1,500 & Nu. 250 per month for the mess and rent respectively (based on 2020 price). Mess and Hostel rent will be collected per semester in lumpsum amount. It is mandatory for all first-year students to be in college mess for at least one year.
- Other common Fees and collections
(a) Institutional Development Fund of Nu. 1,500 (One thousand five hundred only) non- refundable, will be collected from government scholarship and self-funding students at the time of registration.
(b) Security Deposit of Nu. 5000 (Five Thousand only) Refundable, will be collected from both government scholarship and self-funding students at the time of registration.
(c) Lumpsum amount of Nu. 180 (one hundred and twenty only) for six months will be collected from self-funding students for semso scheme. The same will be deducted from stipend for government scholarship students. The semso collection is done each semester.
(d) All first-year students must compulsorily buy a college t-shirt which cost Nu. 500 respectively College
Fee structure 2021- 2022 in summary
|SL. no||Government Funding||Government Funding||Self Funding||Self Funding|
|1||Tuition fee||Nu. 69710 per year or Nu. 34855 (Per semester)||Nu. 69710 per year or Nu. 34855 (Per semester)|
|2||Institutional Development Fund (Non- Refundable)||Nu. 1500||Nu. 1500||Nu. 1500||Nu. 1500|
|3||Security Deposit (refundable)||Nu. 5000||Nu. 5000||Nu. 5000||Nu. 5000|
|4||Mess Fee||Will be deducted from stipend||Nu. 1500 per month. ( collection will be done for 4 months – Nu. 6000)|
|5||Hostel Rent||Will be deducted from stipend||Nu. 250 per month (Collection will be done for 5 months – Nu. 1250)|
|6||Semso||Will be deducted from stipend||Will be deducted from stipend||Nu. 180 ( per semester)||Nu. 180 ( per semester)|
|7||College T-Shirt||Nu. 500||Nu. 500||Nu. 500||Nu. 500|
|Total||Nu. 7000||Nu. 7000||Nu. 49285||Nu. 42035|
All government scholarship students can be accommodated in hostels. Any government scholarship students opting to stay as dayscholar will only be entitled Nu. 2500 as their monthly stipend.
All payment must be done compulsorily in demand draft in favor of President, Gedu College of Business Studies.
For further information please contact 05- 282289 (Dean, Academic Affairs) for academic-related information or 05- 282292 (Dean, Student Affairs) for others during working hours or any of the Student Service Officers at:
1. Ms. Dawa Dema, contact no. 17258146
2. Ms. Chimi Yangden, contact no. 17314921
3. Mr. Chungku, contact no. 17432140
4. Mr. Dawa Gyeltshen, contact no. 17377659