General Information for admission at Gedu College of Business Studies (GCBS)
- Reporting date for 1st-year students – 22nd July 2022
- Requirements for Admission at GCBS
All the students enrolled at Gedu College of Business Studies MUST come with the following documents at the time of registration. Please treat it as IMPORTANT.
(a) Class XII Certificate and Mark Sheet (Original) – Please make a copy of your certificates for your reference/use in the future before submitting it to the college – COMPULSORY
(b) Copy of the Citizenship Identity Card/Letter received from Immigration/Census & Civil Registration – COMPULSORY
(c) Security Clearance Certificate
(d)Recent Pass Port Photograph (2 Nos.) – COMPULSORY
(e) Class XII School Leaving Certificate (Original) – COMPULSORY
- Other Items required
(a) Kabney / Rachu
(b)Sickle (1 each) – Compulsory
(c) Bedding set
(e) Toiletries and stationeries etc.
(f) At least two cloth face masks.
(g)Laptop (not mandatory)
- Items the college will provide during the time of registration
(a) Student Handbook
- Registration and orientation – Shall be announced during the time of reporting at the college.
- Reception – New students will be received by student leaders and college staff at the college main gate and other designated entry points.
- Accommodation –
• A shared room furnished with an individual bed, study table and a chair will be provided for each student.
• Hostel rooms will be available from reporting date
- Hostel accommodation will be arranged by the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs and information will be uploaded on the College website.
- Tuition fees and accommodation for Self Funding Students
(a) The tuition fee is Nu.72,526 (Seventy two thousand and five hundred twenty six ) per year. A student must pay semester tuition fees Nu. 36,263 (thirty-six thousand two hundred sixty three only) at the time of registration.
(b) The hostel accommodation and mess facilities will be provided. Self-funding students will be required to pay Nu. 2,250 & Nu. 250 per month for the mess and rent respectively (based on 2021 price). Mess and Hostel rent will be collected per semester in lumpsum amount. It is mandatory for all first-year students to avail college mess service for at least one year.
- Other common Fees and collections
(a) Institutional Development Fund of Nu. 1,500 (One thousand five hundred only) non- refundable, will be collected from government scholarship and self-funding students at the time of registration.
(b) Security Deposit of Nu. 5000 (Five Thousand only) Refundable, will be collected from both government scholarship and self-funding students at the time of registration.
(c) Lumpsum amount of Nu. 180 (one hundred and eighty only) for six months will be collected from self-funding students for semso scheme. The same will be deducted from stipend for government scholarship students. The semso collection is done each semester.
Fee structure summary
|SL. no||Government Funding||Government Funding||Self Funding||Self Funding|
|1||Tuition fee||Nu. 72,526 per year or Nu. 36,263 (Per semester)||Nu. 72,526 per year or Nu. 36,263 (Per semester)|
|2||Institutional Development Fund (Non- Refundable)||Nu. 1500||Nu. 1500||Nu. 1500||Nu. 1500|
|3||Security Deposit (refundable)||Nu. 5000||Nu. 5000||Nu. 5000||Nu. 5000|
|4||Mess Fee||Will be deducted from stipend||Nu. 2250 per month. ( collection will be done for 5 months – Nu. 11250)|
|5||Hostel Rent||Will be deducted from stipend||Nu. 250 per month (Collection will be done for 5 months – Nu. 1250)|
|6||Semso||Will be deducted from stipend||Will be deducted from stipend||Nu. 180 ( per semester)||Nu. 180 ( per semester)|
|Total||Nu. 6500||Nu. 6500||Nu. 55443||Nu. 42943|
All government scholarship students can be accommodated in hostels. Any government scholarship students opting to stay as dayscholar will only be entitled Nu. 2500 as their monthly stipend.
All payment must be done compulsorily in demand draft in favor of President, Gedu College of Business Studies.
For further information please contact 05- 282289 (Dean, Academic Affairs) for academic-related information or 05- 282292 (Dean, Student Affairs) for others during working hours or any of the Student Service Officers/Academic service at:
Student Service Unit
1. Ms. Dawa Dema, contact no. 17258146
2. Ms. Chimi Yangden, contact no. 17314921
3. Mr. Chungku, contact no. 17432140
4. Mr. Dawa Gyeltshen, contact no. 17377659
Academic Service Unit
1. Ms. Deki, BCom Programme Leader, contact no. 17562577
2. Mr. Nima Wangchuk, BBA Programme Leader, contact no. 17690467
3. Ms. Dorji Eden, Examination & Record Officer, contact no. 17664157