- MSc Actuarial Science (Amity University, India)
- BSc Statistics (Bharathiar University, India)
- Diploma in Research Methods and Skills (Maastricht School of Management, The Netherlands)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (Samtse College of Education, Bhutan)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (Samtse College of Education, Bhutan)
Philosophy of Teaching and Learning:
As an ardent academician and tertiary educator for over 10 years, Mr Gurung has also been extensively involved in developing new programmes and modules, and in reviewing the existing programmes and modules. He always prioritized the quality of education and helped in producing the high-quality graduates, who are now serving in the top corporations
in the country. He has served as a BCom Programme Leader for 4 years. He has participated in numerous University level decision making meetings on various occasions. He always believes in a positive and inclusive learning environment, and he has inspired countless students with his teaching styles. Before becoming a Programme Leader, he has been serving as a coordinator of the college entrepreneurship development cell for more than 2 years, where he helped many students to identify business ideas and create business plans. He has also been the area coordinator for Mathematics, Statistics, and Quantitative Techniques modules for more than 2 years. He always carries out his duty with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. He always looks for growth and development, both personally and professionally.
- Lecturer at Gedu College of Business Studies, Royal University of Bhutan. He has been an educator since 2012. He has taught modules such as Financial Risk Management, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Financial Markets and Services, Corporate Finance, and Business Statistics.
- Has served as a Programme Leader for BCom Programme from 2018-2021. As a Programme Leader, he has actively engaged and initiated the review of the existing programmes and the development of the new programmes.
- Served as an area coordinator for Statistics, Mathematics and Quantitative Techniques Modules from 2017 – 2019.
- Served as a Coordinator (Head) for the entrepreneurship development cell of the college from 2017 – 2019. As an entrepreneurship development cell coordinator, he has guided numerous groups of students to help develop business plans.
- Served as an active member of College Management Committee (CMC), College Academic Committee (CAC), College Library Committee, and various other committees.
- An active member of the College Research Committee (CRC)
- Module Tutor for modules Financial Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, and Statistics.
- Staff Advisor to College Media Club
- Member of BCom Programme Committee
- Advisor and guide to Students’ final year research project
- Gurung, M., & Singh, E. (2022). A study on challenges of passenger transport system in Bhutan. International Journal of Multicriteria Decision Making, 9(2), 136–153.
- Singh, E. H., & Gurung, M. (2022). Acceptance of Agricultural Market Information System (AMIS) among the farmers in Bhutan: An empirical investigation using Technology Acceptance Model (TAM). Asian Journal of Economics, Finance, and Management, 8(3), 53-66.
- Gautam, K. P., & Gurung, M. (2022). Flipped Classroom: An Innovative Means to Management Education. In A Multidisciplinary Approach In Innovative Paradigm (pp.83–97). Swaranjali Publication.
- Gurung, M., Singh, E. H., & Wangchuk, N. (2022). Socio-economic Sustainability of Organic Farming in Bhutan: from the Perspective of Farmers Group in Thimphu, Chukha, and Paro. Asian Journal of Sociological Research, 7(1), 6-20.
- Singh, E.H., Gurung, M. and Drakpa, D. (2022) ‘Problems and the prospect of rural poultry farm in Bhutan: a study from a value chain perspective’, Int. J. Value Chain Management, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.178–196
- Khan, S. & Gurung, M. (2019). Green Public Procurement Through the Lens of Practicality and Policies: A Case study on the Royal University of Bhutan. Delhi Business Review
- Gurung, M. (2019). Socio-Economic Impact of Cordyceps collections on Cordyceps collectors in Sephu Gewog of Bhutan. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology
- Singh, H., Gurung, M., Drakpa, D., & Tshering, Y. (2018). Status, Challenges, and Prospects of e-commerce in Bhutan: A case of Bhutanese Tourism Industry. Centre for Bhutan Studies
- Conference Proceeding- Green Public Procurement through Lens of Practicality and Policies: A Study on Royal University of Bhutan (January, 2019). Delhi School of Professional Studies and Research
Current research engagements and publications under process:
- Microfoundations of Financial Literacy in Higher Education-The Case of Bhutan
- Does Education based on Gross National Happiness value influence sustainable practices among Bhutanese college students?
- Factors Influencing Commercial Bank Selection Choices by Customers in Bhutan- An Analysis using Analytic Hierarchy Process
- Perceptions, awareness, attitudes, and adaption of farmers towards climate change: A Case Study of Chukha Dzongkhag
- Impact of the country of Origin (COO) on consumer purchase intentions for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG): A case study of fruit beverages in Thimphu
- Recipient of His Majesty the Fifth King’s certificate for academic excellence in class 10th
- Recipient of Government of India (GoI) Scholarship from class 12th
- Recipient of the Prestigious Nehru-Wangchuck Scholarship for his master’s degree study in India
- Recipient of Nuffic Scholarship for his Post Graduate Diploma for Research Methods and Skills from the Dutch Government, The Netherlands
- Financial Risks
- Actuarial Analysis
- Business & Agriculture
- Education and Climate Change
- Excel / Spreadsheet (Advance data cleaning, advance data analysis), SPSS (Data analysis)