Gedu College of Business Studies is pleased to announce the vacancy for immediate recruitment of Academic faculty with Masters Qualification to teach ICT modules on fixed term appointment for autumn semester 2020. Interested candidates meeting the criteria may apply to Dean, Academic Affairs at email@example.com on or before 5.00 PM on 15th September 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be informed through email or call on 16th September 2020 for interview.
1. JOB IDENTIFICATION
1.1 POSITION TITLE : ASSOCIATE LECTURER
1.2 POSITION LEVEL : 5 & ABOVE
1.3 OCCUPATIONAL GROUP : ACADEMICS
1.4 COLLEGE : GCBS
1.5 DURATION : ONE SEMESTER ONLY
2. MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
2.1 Plan and teach ICT modules.
2.2 Design and implement assessment items
2.3 Research and implement best industry practices
2.5 Mentor student’s research projects
3. GENERAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach modules (full time) and support students within own subject area at least up to the Undergraduate level;
• Set and mark assessments, and advise students on their progress;
• Develop and deploy teaching-learning materials in area of own expertise;
• Plan and review own approach to learning;
• Take responsibility for organizing own activities and for the management of resources;
Research and Innovation
• Supervise research projects where these are part of the programme(s) of study;
• Contribute to design of research projects and define methods such as conducting surveys and focused interviews;
• Carry out literature searches within pre-specified parameters;
• Run analysis/interpreting data using specified and agreed techniques/models;
• Prepare summary reports of research methods/findings;
• Contribute to dissemination and publication of research findings; and
• Carry out small-scale research projects on their own or as a lead in a team.
• Contribute as resource persons, coordinators or organizers for various professional
development activities within the College/University as well as for those outside.
• Participate as a team member to support senior colleagues, who have delegated
responsibility for specific strands of work/sub-units;
• Contribute to the operation of the University by participating in decision-making and governance including committees or task-force as appropriate, at College and/or University level;
• Represent and promote the University externally – nationally and internationally e.g. managing relations with external partners and stakeholders;
• Coordinate the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops and/or working with relevant experts in the area of specialization; and
• Provide guidance to other staff and students.
4. SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach and assess IT modules including:
• Introduction to Computer and Business Application.
• Management Information System
• E Commerce
5. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA) REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Education : Masters in IT field or equivalent qualification
5.2 Experience : Teaching & industry experience would be an added advantage
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to demonstrate high level of commitment to teaching
• Ability to listen and being open to multiple views, perspectives, and feedback
• Ability to master in a particular field of specialization and provide excellent learning